Second Blog Post

Since my last blog post in October, I have made some amazing progress. Since then, my survey was not only finalized, but also approved by the IRB and actually created! Professor DiGennaro and I were able to fully utilize Qualtrics and create a survey that we truly believe will yield the best results. The amazing features Qualtrics offers fascinated me and I think that it is truly a hidden gem this university offers to its students. After a meeting of figuring out Qualtrics and putting everything into the system, my survey officially went live and is being distributed to different people around the University. To get more diverse results, I am going to give the link to people like my parents, who can have their coworkers take the survey which will give different demographics to the questions instead of completely relying on university students.

I have not gone onto Qualtrics to look at my results yet because the survey is still active and being taken. I want to officially close the survey before I start observing what kind of data I have. I do not want to have a preconceived notion of the results I am going to get based on what I have so far. I want to be able to fully digest the data myself when all is said and done. I cannot speak for Professor DiGennaro, but I do not think she has gone in and looked at our results so far either. That being said, my survey has prompted interesting discussion among people I know who have taken it. They are curious to my research question and what I am trying to evaluate. I have been able to discuss this with my peers and what I want to accomplish through my research, and to me that is great data. I think so far I can say I have opened the conversation and that is so much progress in my mind.