Since the last update, I have finished doing the wet lab portion of my experiments. My mentor has taken my samples and gotten the CD spectra for my samples. The next step for me is to analyze the results given from the results. I will be doing that by creating graphs in IGOR and analyzing the CD using an online program provided by my mentor. I was focusing on looking at the percent difference in the alpha helices and beta pleated sheets before and after the binding.
Over the break I have made most of the paper that I was planning to do. I was able to read many literature on my topic. I was able to do most of the thesis, the only things left to put are the final analyzed data and the discussion of the results and future works. I have made my poster and put it out for printing and am preparing to present it in two weeks for the ACS conference before I present it at the UGRI research day in May.
For the rest of this project my goals are to finish analyzing the results using the online program and computer program stated above, finish the paper, and to practice speaking about my project so that I will be prepared for the poster sessions coming up.