Blog #2

We have come to the final tweaks of the project and I believe we did an amazing job. It is something that will be useful to so many different teachers and students for years to come. Throughout the project, I have learned so many different things that I can carry with me through life. The process was difficult at times with sometimes very little information to go off of, but the more I learned the better I felt about the outcome of the project.

Since our project was not a data based project we did not have any results to experiments or any studies to have findings for. We did our research based on what these four helpers experienced back in the 1940s and how their actions helped stretch the Frank’s lives for just a few years longer. With this project, we had our main subjects to find information on, but the deeper we searched we found different people that were involved that hardly anyone knew about. It was great to be able to not only bring awareness to the amazing people who helped the Frank’s and the others in the Secret Annex but to also shine a light on others who survived and rebelled against the Nazi regime.

With this project, I have learned what bravery can do to help save lives. The bravery to stand up for what you know is right and to not let fear deter you. This project has helped me in numerous academic ways such as with research, but the more important lesson is one I can carry with me for the rest of my life. These four helpers risked their lives to help those innocent families and others and stood up for what they knew was right. They knew the risks of what they were doing, but they did not back down. Even when they were caught they did not let fear overtake them. With what is happening now in this country and around the world this lesson is one that is necessary for everyone to know. This study guide is not only a way for students to learn about what these helpers did, but to help them take the courage the helpers used and use it in their day-to-day lives.