Second post for my summer research project

Recently I have been reviewing the interactions between Dr. Fink and former college journalists who were members of their student newspapers. I have been listening to the recorded interviews done by Dr. Fink and then I have been highlighting key components that was said by the former college journalists so it could be used in our findings.

My biggest question that I have from my research is that nine out of the ten interview subjects were at private schools, so I was curious to know that if public colleges ran into the same issues when it came to FOI. I wondered if it would be easier to request information at a public school because it is  government funded.

The biggest challenge I had in this project was finding people that met our requirements. Our requirements were that they had to have held a editor position for their college newspaper in the 2016-2017 academic year, and they have to have filled a FOI request. So finding people that fit that criteria was a bit difficult.

I learned how valuable it is to file FOI requests. Doing that can be a very valuable tool to journalists because it gives you access to information pertaining to your school or government. This upcoming semester when I am editor- in-chief of the Pace Chronicle  I will use FOI laws to my advantage.