Blog Post #2

Right now in the research I am currently gathering information on students in Higher Education that have mixed status families and how we can better help them succeed. In order to do this I first had to see what higher education institutions that were the metropolitan benchmarks to Pace University were already doing in efforts for these students. The following schools are our peer institute: Adelphi, DePaul, Drexel, Fordham, Hofstra, New School, Northeastern, St. John’s, and Seton Hall. However, a problem occurred when it came to identifying these students within the schools. Students are not required to identify the status of their families, except for on their FAFSA application. So what I did instead was developed a list of questions/requirements that I would look for on the schools homepage. I first searched for DACA to see what the schools response was to address the current status of this. I also checked if the school had a point person for these students to be able to contact incase they had any questions. It is important for students to have these assets available to them.