Persuade to Date: A meta-analyses of advertising appeals of online dating applications from American, European, and Asian countries.

The title of the research is: Persuade to Date: A meta-analyses of advertising appeals of online dating applications from American, European, and Asian countries. The study will examine the advertising appeals and messages used by the online dating services. We will discover persuasiveness of the core messages used by the most popular dating websites and applications within the European, American (Northern and Southern), and Asian countries. What is more, we will do a cross-national and cross-continental analysis which will explore any potential differences—between the types of the advertising appeals—which may exist. If the differences will be discovered, we will consider cultural, economic, and social factors.

To find the most popular dating websites and applications for each country from given continents, I used the Google search where I was typing the following: “online dating application” or “online dating website” and the name of the country I was researching. I assumed that the outcomes (websites and applications) that showed up, were one of the most popular for a certain nation. What is more, I was also using the ratings of the most successful services if they popped out in the Google search results. It was even more helpful in determining which online dating services are popular in a certain society. Subsequently, I collected their advertising appeals and I put all of them in a table. The table was created for each country separately where there were the following columns: name of a dating service, its core message, and the references. Furthermore, I determined the most essential and significant parts of these marketing messages based on different criteria: emotional, wealth, religion, social influence (other do, so do I) etc. On the next step, I had to create an Excel file which will be used as a material for coding. The following information was provided in a given order to each of the excel columns: continent, country, advertising message, added features, the original language of the provided advertising message, determination whether the dating service automatically translated the website into English, determination whether the service is global or local, determination whether the service is an application or the website.

This research is one step towards knowing how to understand the world. It is done by finding the variables whose dependence we examine and by trying to explain why there are correlated, we discover new things, become more open, and develop ourselves. This is also what I expect from this study. However, this experience teaches me how to collect and manage data, have an objective approach, and do coding. Moreover, I have already taken a Statistics class, so I can apply the theory—I got to know from this class—into practice.