End of the Year Report

End of the Year Report

During my time as a student faculty researcher I have learned how to conduct research. This was the first experience that I have had to conduct research and make observations based on research. I also looked at scholarly journals written by other people to see the research they have done and how it relates to what I am doing. Which I was able to use to back up my findings because they turned out to be very similar.

Our conclusion of all of this has been the same in all of the blogs. In order to improve the experience of the elderly using mobile applications you must keep the application as simple as possible. For example, the most successful applications that the elderly have used were applications like Google. Which had only one purpose and one thing on the screen so the user knew exactly what they were doing and there was no opportunity for confusion to emerge. This research experience has taught me a valuable lesson on designing mobile applications that I will be able to apply to any software I engineer in the future.